Stream Prepare for the New: The Music Licensing Collective
On December 9 2020, The Ella Project presented a conversation with Rebecca Gates and Bart Herbison on The Music Licensing Collective. The conversation lasts a little more than one hour and addresses:
- How the Music Licensing Collective will work.
- How it improves the current system of licensing and royalties.
- What songwriters, composers and publishers need to do to be prepared for this new system.
Stream Licensing Music for Film and TV
On November 12th, 2020 The Ella Project presented Licensing Music for Film & TV, a zoom workshop featuring on musician Jon Cleary, music supervisor Joel C High, The Ella Project Co-Founder Ashlye Keaton and composer Jay Weigel, this zoom workshop addresses
- Gaining insight from others’ real-life experiences licensing music for film and television.
- Preparing your music content for consideration by third parties including music supervisors.
- Organizing your music business to maximize opportunities to earn from various revenue streams in the marketplace.
- Understanding how to protect and enforce your rights.
Stream Collecting Royalties in the Modern Age
On October 14, 2020, The Ella Project presented Collecting Royalties in the Modern Age, a workshop presented by Ella Project Co-Founder Ashlye Keaton and Waterseed Music’s Lou Hill. The workshop runs a little over one hour and covers:
- Changes in copyright law.
- How Performing Rights Organizations work and what you need to do.
- New facets in royalties, including the Mechanical Licensing Collective
- New protections for pre 1972 sound recordings.
- Set lists, and how to get royalties from live gigs as well
These workshops are presented in part with a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts.