On October 14, 2020, The Ella Project presented Collecting Royalties in the Modern Age, a workshop presented by Ella Project Co-Founder Ashlye Keaton and Waterseed Music’s Lou Hill. The workshop runs a little over one hour and covers:
- Changes in copyright law.
- How Performing Rights Organizations work and what you need to do.
- New facets in royalties, including the Mechanical Licensing Collective
- New protections for pre 1972 sound recordings.
- Set lists, and how to get royalties from live gigs as well